Office Chat, is a simple and secure team communication app for co-workers to securely communicate without the need to exchange phone numbers or friend requests first.
We are pleased to announce the release of Office Chat 2.2 for all platforms which includes the following new features and improvements:
New features and improvements in Windows Desktop & Mac Clients
- Configure Integrations: You can now setup integrations to Github, Jira, Zendesk, Slack and more to automatically pull in updates from these services into office chat directly from your native desktop and mac clients.
- Delete Multiple Messages: Ability to delete multiple messages from chat history is now available on your office chat desktop and mac clients. Control over message deletion is configurable from the admin portal, so contact your office chat domain administrator, if you don’t see the option to delete messages.
- Search Messages: You can now search locally saved chat messages in a team or do a full search of the message history on web from any chat window in your desktop or mac client.
- New Chat Themes: You can now change the font size of text, chat bubble color, text color to align with your preference and accessibility requirements.
- Alerts & Notification: You can now configure to play a sound when you receive a new private or team chat message from a list of pre-defined sound options.
- Usability Improvements:
- Online presence indicator has been moved alongside the chat heads so that you are able to view the real-time presence of all co-workers you have opened chat windows at anytime.
- No more extra click to send a message. Just type your message and “press enter” to send it.
- You now have quick access from the chat window to the full list of shared files in the group.
- Message settings to set auto-destruct and read receipt is now only a click away from your send message box.
- Windows Client Upgrades: Windows client “upgrades” will no longer require admin privileges on your PC and will be auto-upgraded silently, if your office chat admin has NOT TURNED-OFF the auto-upgrade. (Please note: only the first time install of the software will require admin privileges to ensure all pre-requisite libraries are installed)
New features and improvements in iOS & Android Clients
- Sharing Files, Photos, Links into Office Chat: Starting this release, you can share file links from dropbox, attachments from your email client or photos from your phone gallery with captions into any group or with a co-worker on office chat.
- Delete Multiple Messages: Ability to delete multiple messages from chat history is now available on your iOS and Android clients. Control over message deletion is configurable from the admin portal, so contact your office chat domain administrator, if you don’t see the option to delete messages.
- Profile & Team Photo Improvements: With this update you can pan, zoom and adjust your profile picture and team pictures as part of the upload process to pick the portion which becomes the final picture.
- Custom Sound Notifications: You can now configure to play a sound when you receive a new private or team chat message from a list of pre-defined sound options.
Office Chat plans/signup changes
With this release of office chat the free version has been dis-continued. All new signups to office chat will get a 15 day FREE trial with full access to all administration and security features to try out. Latest office chat plans and pricing information is available here – https://officechat.com/office-chat-pricing